Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing


Many people have played the game Animal Crossing, and the newer game Animal Crossing: Wild World. What if I told you that the game isn't about just building a home and living in a town full of animals? What if I told you that things aren't exactly what they seemed?

This is the plot of the fan work known as The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing. First posted in Something Awful's forums, it is now available on its own website. Believe me when I say that it will change your views on Animal Crossing for good.

"I've always heard a lot of good things about Animal Crossing, but I never owned a Gamecube. When it was released on the DS it received such positive reviews that I decided to give it a shot, despite the fact that it appears to have been created for small children suffering from down's syndrome and ADD.

I was not prepared for the shit that goes on in this children’s game. The result is this.

I’ve documented the journey of Billy, a young, happy lad who believes he’s going off to have fantastic adventures at summer camp. The following images have not been altered in any way (other than to rescale them or to identify which dialog option is being chosen).

This is a literal and practically contextual account of what happens to poor bastards sent to Animal Crossing.

This is the true story of Billy."


No comments: